Friday, April 1, 2011

processing life.

Today is day 5 of being back at Taylor. I am still trying to process life after Haiti. It's crazy. I feel like I'm not supposed to be back in such a wonderful place that holds so many blessings. For one, it is far too cold here. 36 degrees? In Haiti that would be Celsius, but in Indiana that is Fahrenheit... Secondly, the only place I find comfort is in front of the new science center. The rubble and dirt and tools remind me of the work site in Haiti.

I think I left half of my heart in Haiti. With Beanice...


With all the unity of my team:



 
It is weird being back in the States... Still. I just want to be in Haiti, with my team, doing work with the Haitian people. It just does not feel right to be back, going to school, living in very good conditions.

I miss my mosquito net bed and the food there...




I have a ton of things left to process about the trip, and I still don't have the time. My heart is broken for these people, and all I want to do is be back with them in their country...

("Breakable" -Ingrid Michaelson)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...