Listening to: “All About Us” by He Is We
Wondering: Why different regions of the US call pop “soda” and why all kinds of pop are called “Coke” in the south...
1. Girl’s Nights: Sitting in my friend’s basement with my besties, listening to my friend’s mom’s bunko group laugh and talk loudly, all the while promising to each other we will not end up like that in 30 years.
2. Clear Summer Nights: Catching fireflies without being eaten alive by mosquitos.
3. Furry Friends: Waiting patiently, while eating my lunch at the dining room table, for the cute little bunnies that live under my deck to come out and play in my yard.
4. People Watching: Sitting in a coffee shop for hours spending more time watching the people around me than actually getting work done.
5. Coffee Friends: Baristas who make an entire carafe of coffee for me because the coffee beans used to make the kind they already had out was not the one I wanted. (Thanks, Nate!)
6. DIY: Spending hours looking up crafts I could do on various blogs and websites.
7. Kate Voegele: Listening to the same album for hours straight.
8. Dances & Vertigo: Dried flowers (especially roses) that have stories and memories attached to their very petals. (Story to follow soon about this one...)
9. Babies Smiles: The daughter of my mentor and youth minister is going to be one-year-old in August. For the first few months she had this straight face. Constantly. Now that she is getting older, she has more of a personality (thank God!) and along with that personality has come many smiles. Cute baby smiles which now include a few teeth. :]
10. Blog Creepin’: I love reading blogs. I love finding inspiration to write about from someone else.
11. Love, Dove: I love reading the inside of Dove chocolate wrappers. A friend and I are constantly swapping them and relating them to our lives at present or reminiscing about the past. “Laugh until your heart overflows. -Dove”
12. “Cheese!”: My brother and I take webcam pictures all the time. Every few months my profile picture is likely to change and it is even more likely to change into a new one of my brother and I being ridiculous.
13. “I hope you get your first, real foot-poppin’ kiss.” –Ellen Thermopolis: The Princess Diaries. Best quotes ever. Okay, well, maybe that’s an exaggeration, but they are still great. “It’s a wango?”
14. “No post on Sundays...”: Getting mail. Yup. Except hospital bills… or just bills in general… :/
15. Pick of the Week: Discovering new music before everyone else does (and then hating when my new favorite song, that I FOUND 3 MONTHS AGO, is constantly being played on every station in metro Detroit every 10 minutes).
16. Demos: He Is We is amazing. I love whenever they have new demos on PureVolume. They currently have a new demo out called “Tell Me.” I am in love with it! I listened to it on repeat for hours today. Love, love, love!
(They’re some pretty cool cats! :] They didn’t smile in anyone’s pictures. It was great. :] And for all of you who were wondering, yes, Trevor does have a voice. I heard him speak myself. :] Now if only he would do more than just play guitar.)
17. SYTYCD: I watch So You Think You Can Dance every Wednesday and Thursday night. The show makes me miss dancing, but it makes me appreciate good dancing so much more. Melanie, I want you to win this season. You are an amazing dancer. What you do is beautiful.
Well, that is all for now. I promise to post my rose story soon (referring to #8 on my list).