Friday, July 8, 2011

the end.

The End.
Listening to: “Loving You Tonight” by Andrew Allen
Still wondering about: www.pottermore.com
Quote Love: “‘The little ball of light was hovering there, waiting for me, and when I came out it bobbed along a bit and I followed it behind the shed and then it . . . well, it went inside me.’ . . . ‘it sort of floated toward me,’ said Ron, illustrating the movement with his free index finger, ‘right to my chest, and then – it just went straight through. It was here,’ he touched a point close to his heart, ‘I could feel it, it was hot. And once it was inside me I knew what I was supposed to do, I knew it would take me where I needed to go...’” (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows, pg. 348)
July 15th. I can’t wait and yet I can. I want to see the last movie, and yet I don’t want it to end. I started reading the Harry Potter series when I was in 6th grade. Here I sit, seven years later, waiting for it to all be over.
It is bittersweet. So very bittersweet.
Every part of me is anticipating the final movie to be the best there has been thus far, and yet there is a twinge of knowing the truth behind the meaning of the words “last” and “end.”
I have my ticket for the midnight showing. I still don’t know my work schedule for next week, so I am desperately hoping I do not have to work the night of the premier.
I would not be a happy camper.
Thanks to Natalie Lloyd I found this awesome shirt.
I love it!
I’m just not sure if I am willing to splurge on the purchase. But... it is a fantastic shirt. :]
Years after the first book came out I became an avid reader of Harry Potter. The plot excited me. I could not wait for the next book to come out once I finished the most recently published novel in the series. And now... The last movie is coming out in less than a week now. I am super excited and yet there is a piece of me that doesn’t want to let go just yet.
I know, it sounds kind of dumb that I am this attached to Harry Potter. But, when you realize how much time I spent reading those books and watching the movies and even just talking about them to my friends... A lot of my childhood included Harry and friends.
Now, the child stars that played my favorite characters are all grown up and look like this instead of this...
So, here's to all my fellow HP lovers: go to the midnight premier, love every second of it, and read the Harry Potter books to your kids some day.

Plus, who doesn't love Neville? :]


(love.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...