Saturday, October 1, 2011

a new beginning.

Quote Love: "You can clutch the past so tightly to your chest that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the present."
-Jan Glidewell


This semester has already been super crazy. I have not had time to reflect on my life too much this year because of crazy circumstances and a ton of work I've needed to get done...


And all I want to do is anything but the work I need to do now. 


I have two papers to write, 2 tests to study for, a few other random assignments to catch up on, reading for classes... It's not fun, and I need to be sleeping more. 


The only reason I am behind on my work is because a little "friend" came to visit last week. A dizzy friend... one named Vertigo. 


I am glad I can stand up and walk on my own again without any fear of losing my balance.


Lately I have been a little caught up in the past. I've just been quite nostalgic. Being nostalgic is not all bad. I mean, it reminds me of where I have come from. It helps me not to be afraid of change. But when it starts to take over my life, I know I need to move on. 




I guess I just miss the way some things were last year. Some things have changed for the better this year, and some things I am not too sure about just yet. I know I am not supposed to dwell on the past, and the good times in life when I have a whole life ahead of me to live, but that is way easier said than done in many cases...




I am working on creating a list of goals for the semester/sophomore year. Some are quite trivial, but some are very important to me. Like: wanting to invest in others on my wing more, making time for my family and God, etc. This is going to be a crazy year (especially this semester), so I want to make sure I am making the most of my time. 


Some goals are going to be easier to complete than others. I have almost completed one goal many times this year (which is one of the more trivial... and girly ones). Almost. At this point, I think I have completed it, which is definitely going to help me move forward on in my life and not dwell on the past as much. I thank God for His help in completing this goal (finally?). I want to move forward and say:


Happy Sophomore Year! Gonna live it up! Moving on from the memories of last year that are holding me back and looking to what is ahead! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...