Thursday, January 20, 2011

pocketful of sunshine.

Do you ever find yourself singing the same song for days? Or listening to the same CD for hours upon hours? Well, I do. And quite often.

If you have ever heard of either Guest. or He Is We, I will love you forever. Anyways, I always seem to get their songs stuck in my head for hours or days at a time. That is most likely a result of me listening to their work nonstop some days though. Some days I find myself listening to "the worst song EVER!" and then 20 minutes down the road, I am listening to the song on repeat for hours, humming and singing it everywhere I go. Some days I feel like this...


Does anyone relate to this? Maybe not with this song, as I have always loved Natasha Bedingfield's "Pocketful of Sunshine." But maybe with a song like this one?

Or this one?

Confession #1: I love Jump 5. I have loved them since "Spinnin' Around" came out.

I am always singing or humming some new song or an oldie but goodie, everywhere I go. But rarely am I found thinking about scripture all day, every day. Songs fill my head 24/7, when God's word should be to sustain me.

Psalm 119:41-48
41 May your unfailing love come to me, LORD,
   your salvation, according to your promise;
42 then I can answer anyone who taunts me,
   for I trust in your word.
43 Never take your word of truth from my mouth,
   for I have put my hope in your laws.
44 I will always obey your law,
   for ever and ever.
45 I will walk about in freedom,
   for I have sought out your precepts.
46 I will speak of your statutes before kings
   and will not be put to shame,
47 for I delight in your commands
   because I love them.
48 I reach out for your commands, which I love,
   that I may meditate on your decrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...